Wednesday, July 4

Gia Coppola

 
I'm sure Gia Coppola is no stranger to most of you but I just felt like taking a moment to appreciate her sense of style. One of my preferred pastimes when I have absolutely nothing else to do is reading the Coppola clan's Wikipedia page. Honestly, how cool is is that Roman Coppola frequently collaborates with Wes Anderson who in turn has cast Jason Schwartzman in several of his films, who incidentally happens to be Roman and Sofia's cousin? The Coppolas are like the prime example of well-deserved nepotism. 

The comparisons between Gia and her aunt Sofia are readily made. Both are film makers. They also share a similar aesthetic when it comes to dressing up. Even their hairdos sort of match. Still, it'd be too easy to just cast her off as a younger replica of her infamous aunt. She's done some short films so far, for the likes of Wren and DVF in collaboration with Current/Elliott. I, for one, am curious to see whether she'll branch out into feature films in the future. In the meantime, here are some of my favourite outfits of her. Images are from here and here. Enjoy - x


2 comments:

Hannelore said...

Ik had -oh schaamte- nog nooit van haar gehoord, maar wat een fijn stijltje heeft ze!

Meganne said...

Love it, can't wait to see what you do next! Come check out my blog, maybe we can follow each other!
Material Fixations