Sunday, April 8

Time to Pretend: Summer Wardrobe


In between studying, watching Game of Thrones and listening to the soundtrack of Magnolia on repeat I've also been thinking about clothes. Summer clothes, to be exact. I once said right here on the blog that when faced with a decision, I always choose the pretty dress. I truly am a dresses girl. Not in a way that I'd proudly proclaim that I haven't worn pants in like *forever* but still, since I turned fourteen, pants have been seriously outnumbered in my closet.

Lately my interests have been directed towards the effortlessness of tomboy style and French girls. It's not a sudden fancy and there certainly isn't anything new about a cute Parisienne in a breton top. But the idea of having a few timeless pieces and combining them in endless ways is definitely something to aspire to. Quality over quantity, all that stuff, I dig. And let's be honest, they never miss a beat, don't they, those Parisiennes?

So I went about and looked for summer pieces that I would wear, worship and rewear until I'd have another highly fictional and improbable list of clothes on my mind. Which kind of defeats the purpose of it all. Still, here's what I'd invest in if I had money to blow. Key words: denim and coral/hot pink.
1. Acne cotton-jersey top - 2. 3.1 Philip Lim v-neck jumper - 3. Etoile Isabel Marant high-rise shorts - 4. United Bamboo tied sleeve top - 5. Zara Vinyl Upper sandals - 6. Madewell Chambray denim tee - 7. Equipment silk shirt - 8. A.P.C. Shorter New Cure jeans - 9. Vanessa Bruno crêpe blazer with shoulder pleats - 10. Sandro jeans - 11. Carven suede flats - 12. Superga tennis shoe -13. Carven silk and lace dress - 14. See by Chloé denim-effect jersey dress - 15. Comme des Garçons PLAY striped t-shirt - 16. A.P.C. Denim trapeze skirt

Talk about a lot of clothes! But I mean, there isn't a single piece that couldn't be worn with any other piece, right? If I haved learned one thing from compiling this post it's one thing: stop bitching about it and start buying basics! Amen to that - x

P.S. Thanks for all the lovely comments. Y'all make me a lucky gal!

13 comments:

Annebeth said...

ah yes, casual maar toch verzorgd, dat soort effortless elegantie die toch jeugdigheid uitstraalt. Ik noem het de nieuwe preppy! :D absoluut mooi.

Hannelore said...

Oh oh, de perfecte kleerkast lijkt me dit!

hannah-rose said...

The carvens flats are amazing - my favourite! and they are such a cute buy. I think I'm going the same way as you; girly details mixed up with tomboy separates.

xxx

Unknown said...

Seriously love every piece you picked especially numbers 9 and 13. Love your blog, check mine out and let me know if you would like to be followers!

xo
ejc

www.stilettobeats.com

Galuh Nurita said...

it's like a school outfit, i love them all (:

xx!

http://ganuta.blogspot.com/

Disturbed Style said...

Amazing items! I love it :)

Unknown said...

I agree met Hannelore!

Life's a shoe said...

great picks! especialy love those flats, love the color and the bow

Anonymous said...

Such nice combinations! I love that gray romper and Phillip Lim's sandals are very simple and classic.
- Aliya :)

Lidiya said...

Number 13 is my favourite! I really fell in love with its colour and style but unfortunately, not its price tag <3
http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.co.uk/

and so it goes.... said...

Love everything! Especially that Carven yellow dress!

XO

Yara Simón said...

I love those Carven flats. My closet is also pretty lacking in pants, but I'm thinking I'll work on that next.

Liesbeth (candyandtreats) said...

Those Zara flats are the cutest! <3