Friday, April 23

Tomorrow, tomorrow



'My work is purely autobiographical.. It is about myself and my surroundings. I work from people that interest me and that I care about, in rooms that I know.- Lucian Freud

Tomorrow I'm heading for Paris again, only two weeks after returning from there. We will be visiting this expositon of Lucian Freud. I'm not going to pretend like I know anything about art but I know what I like and this painter's work happens to be one of these things. The man obviously digs the naked ladies but here's a selection of some other work of him that's very beautiful.

Girl with a kitten, 1947


Reflection, 1985

       

Factory in North London, 1972

Hopefully, I'll get the chance to stop by Ladurée and Free'p'star and all those other things I missed out on two weeks ago. I should go to bed for I have to get up rather early tomorrow but I might do another post tonight so stay tuned (or not).


No comments: