I wish my tights and/or hosiery store looks like this. Including the Miu Miu socks. (source)
Moments of mother-daughter dressing that seem to be missing in my family album. (source)
Godga. No further comment needed. Yes, still a little monster. (source)
A song that is both winter and summer by the band Amatorski, who are also from Ghent. Lovely guest vocals by the immensely talented Bony Bram.
Here is Bram performing in the Ancienne Belgique 'studio'. Accompanying him on the piano is his longtime girlfriend Cleo, someone who I've known for all my life. Click that link. Be wowed.
This is the third 'Six things' I've done and it seems that the lack of cohesion between the things that I post is even bigger than with the first two ones. But these really are some of the things that kept me awake or made me smile or whatever this past week or so.
Today I went shopping but I didn't buy anything. I tried on a pair of Swedish Hasbeens at Urban Outfitters and I fell in love. Literally. Not only do they look stunning, they feel that way too. The wooden heel and the the leather are amazing. I'm not getting my hopes up that they'll be marked down by July, thank you, helpful sales assistant for another disillusion!
But the highlight of my day took place at COS. It was a black dress, elbow length sleeves, cinched at the waist, with quite a flowy skirt that fell to my knees. But that's just boring descriptive stuff.
It was entirely covered in sequins and I felt immensely pretty and classic - or classy, I'm not sure - in it. Classic, not retro. Think Mad Men in sequins. As I want to save my money for when sales actually start, I didn't buy it and I regret it deeply. 125 euros is just a bit too much right now. And how many occasions pop up annually where it's suitable to wear a fancy sequin dress? One springs to my mind. Yes, Prom which is seven days before sales commence. Of course. I know money won't buy me happiness but it can buy me a whole lot of dresses and I want this particular one so badly.
That got me thinking about all those dresses that I loved but didn't buy over the years. As I am now, I was probably a little sad, or better gutted, at first but then I saw something shinier and better and all was forgotten. Is that the same thing with you?
A lot of text and not a lot of substance for today. Now I'm off to sleep, goodnight. Have a great weekend! xo
9 comments:
i hate it when a beautiful dress stays logged in my mind, i long it more because i know i can't have it. I hate that, i build it up to perfection in my head. I clicked the link and i love love love them, i want the album. i have NO money though boohooooooo x.x.x
Oh heel herkenbaar ja en dan bedenk je steeds: "nu had dat jurkje wel erg leuk geweest" Ik had vorig jaar in een outletstore in italië een prachtig tijdloos D&G jurkje gepast, het was 100 euro en ik heb nog steeds spijt dat ik het niet gekocht heb.
Oeh waar in italië ga jij naartoe dan? (:
Oh wat wil ik die Hasbeens ook zo graag... Heb ze nog steeds niet, te prijzig. De jurk klinkt geweldig! En wat een schattige foto van moeder en dochter :)
hello great blog ! check out my blog. follow me? :D xxxxx
Amazing photos.love love love.Following you.
Die miu miu sokken zijn to die for! Alleen te duur en ik ga ook niet alle lovertjes enzo er zelf op naaien :P
Come home van Amatorski is zo goed! Je hebt een leuke blog :) en euh, één van de weinige fashionbloggende belgen die ik al tegengekomen ben ;) liefs
Zo jammer dat dat jurkje te duur was!, je hebt echt een super leuke blog xxxxx
that mother daughter photo is so moving, just lovely. and yes please use a photo of mine, i'm so flattered! also im following you now <3
Post a Comment