Saturday, June 19

An ode to...I'm actually not quite sure

Photobucket

I had never actually visited Kennedy's blog, 'Lay me in some tall grass; let me do my thing', when this picture popped on to my Tumblr dashboard, but I'm pretty sure that from now on, I'll be checking it out daily. This outfit sums up basically everything that I aspire to dress like. Thrifted items, like that gorgeous jacket, combined with fresh, new elements like the bright tights. 

I'm obviously never going to pull off the Swedish blogger-look. Shoes like the Acne Atacoma's will never look good on me. But as Regina Spektor says (again with all the references), it's all right, it's all right. That's just not me. But all of the vintage dresses that I own also don't feel like me anymore. They feel sort of dated and one-dimensional now.

Lately I've been scoring some amazing things at thrift stores and less typical vintage dresses. I'm trying to reach some kind of conclusion here, but as I type, I'm under the impression that there isn't really any conclusion. This post is basically a love letter to an outfit. I guess that now you can conclude that I've completely lost it. 

What I'm trying to say is that my approach to dressing (up) has changed entirely lately. I'm trying (and failing) to dress a bit more creatively and to buy things that are a bit more versatile. Just my regular Saturday night musings. Probably more something to write to my good friend 'Diary', but since I don't own a diary or anything of that sort, it ended up here. Thanks for reading and I'm sorry for the high nonsense level. Sleep tight! x

16 comments:

Kennedy said...

i dont think its nonsense at all, i think you write beautifully. and i cant tell you how honored i am to have my very own outfit as the subject of this wonderful post

Meggstatus said...

She is amazing.

SophieSweetVintage said...

Het is heel verfrissend juist om zoiets te lezen. En herkenbaar!

Haar manier van kleding is inderdaad geweldig!

Alysha said...

such a badass outfit
i agree with everything you say-in love with your blog

dressed-to-digress.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey! As you said... It's all right. Sometimes it's good to write about your own changes and thoughts. And you are free to write whatever you want in your blog! So... It's all right :) And you know what? Your post is completly fine!

Macarena.

Natalie Suarez said...

she has awesome style! just started following her blog today! it's great :)

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

Front Row Mode said...

Loving the LOOK

tc

Take a look at my blog hope you follow it

www.frontrowmode.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

ik ben niet echt zo'n drakefan ma ik vind da liedje wel heel mooi :)
en ik heb er ook NOG 2 beeeeuh!
en jij ook succes eh!

je hebt echt een leuke blog! x

Unknown said...

haute outfit! I don't think I'm courageous enough to pull off such bold tights (just yet anyway).

I was stopping by cause I noticed you commented on Nicole of Gary Pepper Vintage's post "Bohemian Child" and just thought I'd mention I made a DIY rose garland inspired by her.

http://goo.gl/fb/YRQch

KeepItFvncy,
M.E.

LA said...

GREAT OUTFIT!
I will take note for next cold period... :p







LA

JINX said...

just found your blog and i'm HOOKED.... i love your style so much....

fashionjinx.blogspot.com
fashionjinx.blogspot.com
fashionjinx.blogspot.com
fashionjinx.blogspot.com
fashionjinx.blogspot.com

p.s. please send me your email and the link to your blog... i would love to feature you on my blog...

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous!!!! I love the fur accent and her tights' addition of a splash of color...

http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

Petitebine said...

Wat een mooie post! Mooie stijl heeft zij!

Phie Preston said...

I love the jacket, it makes me wish it was winter again!

Phiephie
THE FASHION SMOKE x

Jess Tran said...

That is an intensely sweet outfit. And it's okay, I write love letters to outfits all the time. I write love letters to my heater, too.

And I'm sure you look fab, and you're not failing.

Sushi said...

Lover her outfit so much! I've added you to my blogroll by the way so please add me to yours too x Sushi