Yesterday night I suddenly got the stomach flu. I'm feeling a lot better now but I spent all of yesterday lying on the couch with a - literally - empty stomach in severe pain. To take my mind off things, I watched 'An Education' with my mom.
What a stunning piece of cinema. The movie in itself is almost hauntingly beautiful. Those clothes, the interiors, the setting. If you ever wanted to live in the early sixties, watching this movie will only make that desire worse. The oh so lovely Carey Mulligan portrays the saucy little Jenny perfectly. The story was beautiful, even though I wasn't very crazy about David from the beginning, and it has a nice little moral in it after all. Not that we care much about such things, do we, but like The Duchess from Alice in Wonderland said, everything's got a moral, if only you can find it. To be honest, and this is sort of spoilerish so stop reading if you still need to watch it, it seems highly unlikely that she gets into Oxford after everything. But I'm not complaining, I love a good happy ending. I'm going to take a long bath and shoo off the last remnants of my stomach flu.xo
3 comments:
zo leuk dat je daar ook al bent geweest! :D en ja, spijtig dat het allemaal zo duur is, maar een mens kan maar dromen he.. ;p uhu, kheb nog redelijk veel gekocht, kga er denk ik foto's van maken en dan op mijn blog zetten! ;D xx
I loved this movie! Beautiful!
These ate such pretty photos from the movie.
I hope you feel better soon!!
Great post, I loved that movie!
Post a Comment