Saturday, May 15
Daydream nation
I just wanted to show you some pictures of the Tim Walker exhibition I visited last week. Excuse me for the horrible pictures, I'm a terrible photographer. Those of you who live in Belgium, or even in the Benelux, should definitely make a day trip out of it. You still have the chance to do so until June 13. Visit the festival's official website for more information.
I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't love Tim Walker. But what's not to love? Looking at his photographs is escapism of the highest degree. I'm not so big on the big words, those that reach your heart and make your mind wander off to faraway places. But that being said, I can only tell you that I'm apart of Walker's daydream nation. How often have I browsed through Pictures, sitting in a corner at the book store, utterly enchanted, but ending up not buying it for my wallet won't allow it and my arms cannot carry it home. I love the man and his work.
Tim Walker is a dreamer and a collector. This was shown through all his day- and notebooks. It was so fascinating to see all the preparatory work that comes with one single photograph. Another fun thing were the props that he brought in. The ginormous camera and glove as pictured above, but also a spitfire from the Lily Donaldson shoot and toy soldiers and so on.
On a personal note, my city's soccer (or football, you choose) team just won the Belgian Cup which is a pretty fricking great deal. I have a lot of friends that are losing their minds (or getting wasted) at this very moment in Brussels. We watched the game on a big screen in Ghent but now we're home again. Nothing better than a little Ghent pride! Congratulations :))
Thank you for your amazing comments! I love reading your thoughts and your opinion really means the world to me. Lots of love, Lies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
21 comments:
wauw die camera en die handschoen zijn echt super!
This exhibit looks absolutely fantastic!
No your style is amazing. Classic is good. Always chic and on trend. :)
Let me know once you are ready and we can swap links.
Thanks!
xx
that exhibit is amazinggg! and congratulations! sounds like a lot of fun.. i need to join some sports teams!
xx
Hey meid,
Ik ben inderdaad ook van Belgiƫ. Ik woon in Mechelen, weet niet of je dat kent?
Vanwaar ben jij?
Liefs
Mooie foto's!
x Robine
Mechelen is 15minuten van Antwerpen met de trein :D!
Oh leuk al ben ik helemaal geen fan van Lady Gaga, kan haar echt niet aanzien haha! Heb wel z'on exclusief shirtje van haar gekocht, maar dat ik gewoon de koopdrang van 'HEBBEN' =D! Veel plezier!
amazing exhibition! xx
hee, bedankt voor het volgen!
jaa, daar heb ik dus ook een hekel aan. ik was helemaal in paniek dat ik niet thuis kwam xd.
en dr is niks mis met de foto's !
xxx http://moffel.blogspot.com/
the exhibition looks amazing!
xS
this looks pretty interesting and spectacular :)
visit my blog...
This looks like such a fantastic event. Giant camera = LOVE in my book :) So glad I stumbled across your blog!
♥ Claire @ Jazzpad
Wow, that is on big-ass camera.
Fab photos! :)
Xx
That's perfect. Thanks. Adding yours to my Links list now too! :)
xx
I manage two boutiques in Newport Beach, CA. It's not too exited but it pays the bills!
Wow I love his style! It's totally what I aim for in my photography. Only if I could take a flight there and visit! :)
They're fantastic!! I wish I could see them in person! Tim Walker is one of my favorite photographers!! xoxoxoxoxo
i'm so jealous! Tim Walker is one of my favourite photographers- his stuff is incredible! Great post xxx
Very inspiring!
amazing. . One of my favourite Photographer.
Post a Comment