Ph: official Facebook page
On Monday, I went to see the Stone siblings at the Royal Circus in Brussels. My expectations were pretty high but they even exceeded them. I cannot recall any concert that I've been to where the music and the musicians radiated so much genuine joy. I've been to so quite some lovely concerts, from Au Revoir Simone to Taylor Swift and back, but this one was different in a way.
For me, it was reminiscent of the one time I caught Bon Iver live three years ago. Justin Vernon left similar impressions on me (and the fact he signed my shirt didn't help my tendency to fangirl). But what's that to you? If it's your type of music and you get the chance, go see them. Julia Stone is an elfin-like goddess. Too much stage presence for her own good. Angus Stone is err...Angus. He hides behind that caveman beard but he's equally endearing. They may have come pretty far, but they're still genuine and humble musicians. I've got my tickets for July 15 booked.



7 comments:
Merci voor je lieve comment! Ik zal de muziek zeker eens opzoeken... Liefs
Ik ken nog iemand die is geweest en zij vond ze ook super!
Och, ik ben jaloers! Fijn dat ze live ook zo goed waren, hun muziek is echt fantastisch :) Waar treden ze de 15e juli op dan?
Ik had ook graag willen gaan, helaas, geen ticket!
Blij dat je terug bent trouwens ;)
Firstly, Thank you so SO much for wwriting me such a wonderful, lovely comment! It's so uplifting to have readers like you, it makes my entire week! So thank you! I love your blog! omg, your going to have such an amazing time at this concert!
I'm so glad you love the Disco Pony Gold dress... I will let you know ASAP when you can order it! If you send me your size and everything I can make sure it's at the top of the gold dress list! :)
Lots of love,
Zoey @ makeshiftmodel xx
Great photos :) & it sounds like you had an amazing time at the concert then :)
Day By Diva
Day By Diva
Ik was er ook, echt super fijn optreden en ze genoten er idd duidelijk zelf ook van !
Post a Comment